There are heaps of great Xero features. I couldn’t fit them all into the space of this column so here are my first 5.
- Cloud Based – This was the game changer Xero introduced to the market. Placing the records in a cloud based server allows multiple parties to access the same information in real time. This makes working with clients to fix minor accounting mishaps and checking their GST returns nice and easy. While most of my clients can do their own GST a quick check over every couple of months keeps my ‘head in the game’. We keep the records nice and straight for management reports and the yearend accounts. This also puts me in a better position to offer advice, help my clients make better business decisions and head off difficult issues.
- Repeating Invoices – Invoices for regular services can be set to repeat when required. There are settings to send automatically or just draft awaiting your approval. Either way this is a great time saving feature and reduces the risk of forgetting to send out your invoices on time.
- Invoice Reminders – We all seem to have a few clients that forget to pay us on time or misplace the invoice. Xero’s invoice reminders let you automate a reminder to be sent either before the due date, after the date, or both, with multiple follow ups. You can include a link to the original invoice and exclude reminders for minor amounts.
- Phone App Reconciling – Got a few minutes to kill. With a swipe to the left to scroll down or a swipe to the right to scroll up, it’s a little like tinder for business. OK to accept the match, Xero’s suggested coding or creating the correct new entry can all be done from the phone. Keeping the reconciliations up to date is a breeze and keeps your accounts receivable and payables current.
- Apps Marketplace – With over 500+ add on applications that integrate with Xero, there are plenty of opportunities to bolt on time saving or feature rich applications. While you could build you own software to integrate with Xero, why reinvent the wheel when it is quite likely someone has already done it for you.
Happy to give a demo and see how Xero might fit for your business.